Monday, August 11, 2008

"Real World"

Today I was supposed to go to work with my dad. Two of my best friends have birthdays in August, which I failed to think about when I went out 8 nights the past 2 weeks. So, my dad tells me that if I go put on knobs on some cabinets at a job he's doing, he'd pay me $100, so I agreed. The only downside...he said we had to leave at 6:00am. So, what am I doing at home at 7:19 you may be wondering? Well, let's do a little recap, shall we?

5:30: Alarm goes off
5:30-5:31: Seriously consider going back to sleep, but I remember that I really need the money so I wake up
5:31-5:40: Slowly but surely, I get ready.
5:40-5:43: Consider going back to sleep again...
5:43-5:50: Turn off all the lights and decide to go back to sleep (I don't need the money this bad)
5:51: Realize that I do, in fact, need the money this bad, so I turn the lights back on and continue to get ready
6:15: Open my bedroom door to see that no one else is awake in my house, so I calmy walk downstairs, go in my parents' room (to find my dad still sleeping like a baby), turn on the light and:

Me: Thought you said we were leaving at 6am mister!?
Dad: Jenna, that's not today.
Me: WTF man! (Yes, I actually said the letters)
Dad: I said it was on Tuesday when we're doing that.
Me: No, you didn't hombre...you definitely said it was today.
Mom: I heard him tell you that it was Tuesday.
Me: Shut your mouth mom, this doesn't concern you!!! (Kidding)



So, it is now 7:22 and I'm awake. I couldn't go back to sleep, of course.

And what's the best part?

I get to do it again tomorrow! Neat!

1 comment:

Chris said...

ha ha ha, thats funny. hope you got up and went!!